Thursday, April 24, 2014

My Funeral

Recently I've been thinking about what would happen when I died. It isn't a suicidal thing, it's more of a "I wonder what my future will be like," and the subject of my death cropped up. I read somewhere that writing your own obituary can actually help lift your self esteem. 

So...I guess that is what I'll do? This blog post will be my obituary. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

APRIL 20, 2095
OBITUARY
RJ PETERSON
by Nicolas C Walken

RJ Peterson, renowned author of five New New York Times Bestsellers, his most popular being "The Unknown" and "Tantum," passed away last Friday from natural causes at the age of 96. 

A Language Arts teacher for 50 years, Peterson was revered for teaching antique classics from 150 years ago, such as The Catcher in the Rye, and 'Salem's Lot to his students, instead of other, more modern classics such as The Hunger Games or Divergent, which were written nearly a hundred years ago. In the last ten years of his teaching career before retired at the age of 76, he did something especially daring. He decided that he would not have a 150-year limit. He taught Hamlet by William Shakespeare, a story written almost 500 years before he taught it. 

He is survived by his sons and daughter, Peter V, Luke, and Leia, and his grandsons, Peter VI and Dom. 

Peterson will be remembered by many, his iconic novels as classic as Hamlet itself.

RJ Peterson
1999-2095
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So that is my obituary. 

I also thought about what my funeral would be like, hence the name of this blogpost. I kind of have a playlist for was music should be played. "Hide and Seek" by Imogen Heap will be the song playing as my eulogy is spoken. "Just Breathe" by Pearl Jam is the song that will play as I am lowered into the ground, as a sort of somber/happy ending.

That's that I suppose.

~RJ

No comments:

Post a Comment