Monday, April 14, 2014

Late Night Contemplation

Tonight is one of the many nights I have had to endure where I just cannot sleep. I lie awake with so many thoughts running through my head. Existential inquiries, what ifs, and hows. 

What I would give to be outside right now. Strange thing to hear from a blogger. Strange thing to hear from me. I spend my free time playing Warframe on Steam, watching Star Trek and blogging. That is done during the day. This is midnight. When our side of the Earth is darker and colder than during the day. 

I would love to take a walk right about now. No people around, just sweet solitude. I can imagine myself being able to see the moths flying around the dim streetlamps, the darkness within the windows of the neighborhood houses, and knowing the people inside them are asleep. It's more peaceful.

If only I could.

~RJ

No comments:

Post a Comment